Saturday, April 21, 2007

MANDRIVA 2007 spring edition available now.

In my recent post, I've announced Ubuntu latest released! I forgot to mention my second favorite linux distro (I have used this distro free edition before Ubuntu see the light). Mandriva 2007 spring edition, also known as Mandriva 2007.1 beijing, were release a few days before major release of Ubuntu. Since their offering is gigantic DVD edition, I haven't download the release yet, but my brother already confirm the success of downloading it. I may just ask him to burn a copy for me. Oh did i mention, it is free edition? Mandriva offers paid and free edition, with free edition limit itself to abide by GPL or open source philosophy purely and no official support. With Paid-for edition, you will have even more software, no need to downloading it (except updating maybe in later date-yes linux always updated!) and OFFICIAL support! So, if you stuck with limited wallet, you just grab a free communtiy edition and maybe become their club member for a small fee.

No comments: